Thursday, August 25, 2011

A big job!!

In thinking of all the things God has asked us to do and has given to us to care for I have found that none of them are greater than our children. They are such a blessing and a beautiful gift to us and we are to take the best care we can of them. God says in His word that we are to "train them up in the way they should go and they would not depart from it." Sometimes that is hard and we have to make some tough decisions, but if we are training them God will take care of the rest.

Tom and I believe 100% in Christian education. We have had our girls in Christian schools since they started. I heard a preacher preach one time on training our children up for Christ. He made this statement "Why would you raise your children in Jerusalem and bus them to Egypt for training?" I have never forgotten that comment. It is our duty as Christian parents to train them first and foremost at home. Teaching them about Christ and His love for them is the most important lesson we can give. I believe that sending them to a Christian school only strengthens the training that we as parents are giving our children at home.

We recently had someone comment about how we are spending too much money sending them to a Christian school. I was rather put out with that person and had to ask God to help them with their ignorance. It is money well spent!!! I worked a lot of hours this past year so that my girls could go and I wouldn't trade one moment for anything else.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Totally agree!!

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts Gale! I completely agree with you 100% I have been homeschooled and attended a private christian school as a child so I have experienced both aspects. And we have done homeschool and christian school for our kids as well. I prefer christian school as home school was very challenging for me. There are positive and negative sides to both ways of learning. I think it depends on your circumstances, the child's learning style and what works best your family. Neither one is right or wrong and they can both be beneficial.