Monday, October 5, 2009

Fall is here!!!

I'm so happy to see some "very little signs" of Fall here in the deep south...lol!! We have longed for some cooler weather since April. It seems to have been an overly warm summer. The last few days have been so much cooler. Now to get some sweater weather and we'll be in business.

School is going great. Tricia is doing so good. She is now reading books all by herself and she is lovin it. I'm finding her more and more sitting in her room or on the couch with a book in her hand. She is definitely going to be more like me than Tom. I loved reading but hated math. I see the same traits in her. She is getting along with her classmates well and she loves her teacher. It sure helps mommy's state of mind when I know she is happy at school. We started her in an after school reading program M-W-F afternoons. She likes going to this too.

Katie is growing like a weed. Literally!! She is wearing a 5T in a lot of her dresses. She is not fat just growing tall. I can't seem to find clothes that are long enough. I guess this is a good thing except for the fact that my baby is growing up. She's not my baby anymore she keeps telling me...lol!! Her hair is down to her butt now. I can't get over that. Tom commented one day that her hair was too big for her body...lol!!

The Singing Tree is off to a great start. We are practicing every Monday evening and starting this Sunday we will start on tree music as well as Sanctuary music. I love singing in the choir. This evening I was offered a part in a church trio. I was so honored and gladly said yes. We will sing for the first time on the evening of October 25th.

Tom is working hard and I'm working every cleaning job I can get my hands on. We are saving all we can to go home for Christmas. We haven't been home for 2 years so this is going to be an exciting trip.

Buddy is doing wonderful. He lost some weight when we first got him and then we started him out on a good dog food. He is now the right weight and so glossy. There is no smell!! When you walk into our house you do not smell dog. I think we chose the right food for him. He is loving being here with the girls. They love him too. I must admit, I'm a little partial too...lol!!

Well, enjoy your fall days. All you northerners collect some leaves for me. I would love to see some of fall this year but that will have to wait until next year.

God bless and thanks for stopping by. We are so blessed!!!

No comments: