Sunday, April 5, 2009

This and That






It has been said that life is running faster than time. I'm beginning to believe it. The older I get the less time I have in the day to do the things I need/want to do. It get's quite frustrating at times. But I digress.

We have been busy. I started praying for some work and now I'm swamped. Thank God, I can do the work while Tricia is in school and I don't have to miss my afternoons with her. I missed a lot of her baby days because of work. I don't want to miss anymore of her growing up.

We are trying our best to find a dog for our girls. You would not believe how much my husband has looked. He has spent all of his spare time hunting for the right dog. Every dog we have decided would be great for the girls has fell through the cracks. It just seems hopeless.

A couple of days ago, my husband found another dog. This one is a black lab mixed. He is one year old and has been neutered. The owner is moving and can't take him with the family. He said the dog is really well behaved and loves his two small children. We were so excited when he called us today and said that the dog was still available. We told him we would come to see it on Monday night. The girls do not know about this dog. We are really excited about this dog and hoping it will work out. One things for sure, you can't go wrong with a Lab. They are so good with kids.

Last night was my husbands company party. They have a couple a year. We debated going but finally decided too. They had a bounce house set up and a horse for the kids to ride. Then sometime later in the evening Kelly's Ice Cream truck came to the party and gave everyone some ice cream. There was a Mexican group there singing and playing their stringed instruments. I enjoyed the music but not the words as I don't speak Spanish. Then the DJ got started. That was interesting to say the least. We didn't stay too long after that because we needed to get to Wally World before heading home for baths. Saturday's are always busy days for us.

Today has been very restful. We had our dinner alone, just the four of us. Most of the time we have someone over on Sundays. Today we just wanted to be by ourselves. Then Tom, Kate and I took a nap. Tricia never naps but she occupies herself with her toys. She got a new Polly Pocket with a swimming pool. She got in the bath tub and played with those for a while then got out and just played. She's pretty good about keeping quiet and entertaining herself.

The pictures at the top are just random ones. I hadn't posted any for a while so thought I would select a few recent ones to share. Hope you are having a great day!! Blessings.
~Gale~

3 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Your beach picture looks like something was happening behind you the way everyone was standing in groups - was there a whale beached or something?

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

That was the day they released the Loggerhead turtle back into the ocean. We took the girls down to see it. We only got to see when they carried the turtle passed us. If you go to my FB page I posted all of the pictures.

Mary Ellen said...

Ah, I figured there must have been some 'event'. I'll go look at your FB page to catch up, must have missed that.