Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My word, my word!!

Things are crazy around here and that's no lie. We are moving to a new place and this week has been busy to say the least. We had been watching the housing around here waiting for a bigger place to move to. If you are at all familiar with Hobe Sound you know that there are not a lot of homes with three bedrooms. Finally one opened up but it was with the college and not Seabreeze Community. We prayed and figured our budget then prayed some more...then figured our budget again. We finally determined that we could indeed make the move.

The house needed some painting done and the carpet in the MB cleaned. We are finishing up the painting tonight and hoping to do cleanup in the morning. Then we move. I hate moving. It's so tedious trying to get everything packed and then you have to unpack as soon as you get to the new place. It's never ending. However, we are really excited about moving this time. We are gaining a third bedroom and a family room. We won't be using it as a family room right now because we need some storage space until we get a building. We will also be putting our washer and dryer in there temporarily until we can get the back porch closed in. For those of you who live in the great North, it's not uncommon to see the laundry room on the back porch here. The weather doesn't get cold enough to freeze the washer up so in small communities people use the back porch for laundry. The bad side to that is they will rust really fast. That's the reason we are going to put them in the house instead of the back porch.

The girls are so excited. Katie doesn't really know what is going on. Her Aunt Becky lived in this house before us and Katie still connects Becky with the house. She thinks Aunt Becky should still be there. It's too funny. Tricia is looking forward to her own room. We pained it pink and purple. She wanted those colors. They look really good together. She has Dora bedding and I think they will match perfectly. Katie wants Blues Clues in her room but I can't find it. Not even on eBay. That's weird.

Well, just a little update from me to you. If you don't hear from me for a while you'll know why. I don't know when I will have my Internet back up at the new place. When I get back up and running I'll try to post some pictures of the new place. In the meantime, if you feel like moving some furniture out yonder way, come on over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

Misty said...

Hope you get everything moved easily! I know it can be tough with kids but not too bad when you have lots of helping hands.

On Katie's "Blues Clues" could you find a plain comforter and then add a couple of "Blues Clues" pillows? Easy to change out when she grows out of it! Do you, your mom, or sisters sew? You could make Blues Clues curtains.... Just a thought if you really want Blues Clues...of course at that age they are fairly easy to talk into something else! :-)

Bethany Jones said...

Hey! I'm excited for you guys! I hope that you might let me come see it when you get moved in or even help you if you need some help before then. MOving is tough, but at least the kids are older than 2 weeks like Noah was when I moved. lol. :-) thanks for posting!